that covers how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you are using C-view related products, we may collect a variety of information, including how you use the product, what feature you use & use time, device name, email address and location…etc., but not including some confidential and sensitive information like your name, age, gender, ID number or credit card number.
- When you share your content with family or friends by usingour products, we may collect your socialnetwork contacts like Facebook, Weibo…etc.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on our latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. And it will also be used to create, develop, operate and improve our product quality, services, content and advertising.
- We may use your information to post news, updated information or share content to your socialnetwork friends.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with us, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- We will use your information to reply your questions or help to resolve problems you encounter while using our products.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as country code,area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where our product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Our website, online
services, interactive applications, email messages, and advertisements may use
“cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web
beacons. These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tell us
which parts of our website people have visited, and facilitate and measure the
effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. We treat information
collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information.
However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar
identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we also treat
these identifiers as personal information. Similarly, to the extent that
non-personal information is combined with personal information, we treat the
combined information as personal information for the purposes of this Privacy
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may also use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our webpage or notifications, email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on some websites. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We may track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Data Usage time
It will start from installing or using our C-view related HW/SW products, and will be expired after you remove/uninstall it.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times we may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with our company to provide products and services, or that help our market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your C-view device, you authorize us and your carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by us and your carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by us to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We share personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever we operate.
It may be necessary − by
law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental
authorities within or outside your country of residence − for us to disclose
your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we
determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other
issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
We will take the security of your personal information very seriously. When your personal data is stored by us, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. When you use our products, services, or applications or post on C-view forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
To provide location-based services on our products, we and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer, smartphone or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by us and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with advertisement providers when you opt in to their location services.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Our websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to our employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
If you have any
would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws,
please contact us.